- Summer Reading Program
Summer Reading Program
The Justin Community Library offers an annual Summer Reading Program designed to nurture a lifelong love of reading in children of all ages. Call the Library for more details on how to get your child registered.
Registration is required to participate in the Summer Reading Program. Online registration for the Summer Reading Program is closed. You can go in person to the library and register for the program online.
Summer Reading Program Instructions
- The Program starts on June 1, 2023, and ends on July 31, 2023.
- There are 4 programs.
- Listeners (ages 2 and up)
- Readers, Teens, and Adults
- Participants must be registered to claim prizes. Registration ends July 14, 2023. Registration cards are left at the library and must include the participant's first and last name, valid phone number, age, and grade entering in the fall. These cards are used by library staff only, and allow us to track participants, contact winners, and know what ages use the library most.
- Prizes cannot be claimed until June 20, 2023.
- This program will run on the honor system that the books claimed have actually been read and fall within the appropriate reading level for the person claiming them. Books must be read during the dates of the summer program. Books read during the school year do not count. Audiobooks will be accepted.
Listeners / Readers / Teens
Children have 2 prize levels. A prize bag may be claimed at each level and the value of prizes will increase with each level. After completing both levels they will automatically be entered into a drawing for an additional prize. The drawing will be held at the end of July.
- Listeners | 12 books each level
- Readers | 8 books each level
- Teens | 6 books each level
Adults will receive a drawing entry ticket for every book read during the summer months. There will be a limit of 15 entries per month. The official entry ticket will be provided by the library and will need to be filled out completely; incomplete entries will be considered invalid. All other forms of entry other than the ticket provided by the library will also be considered invalid. Entries must be presented to library staff in person. Entries may only win one prize per month. Each month will begin a new drawing and collect new entries.