Please visit the Denton County Public Health website HERE for information on symptoms, prevention, active cases.
The DCPH COVID-19 Hotline is available 940-349-2585 for more information about coronavirus.
Denton County has now launched a new, interactive website related to COVID-19 cases within Denton County. That website can be found HERE.
For those needing assistance with food, health, housing, or other social services, please visit 211Texas.org of dial 2-1-1 in the state of Texas.
During the school closure, Northwest ISD will offer free meals to all students from Monday to Friday. During these days, breakfast and lunch will be served from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the campuses listed below.
When arriving to receive meals at the campus cafeteria doors, parents and students should remain in their vehicles as a precautionary health measure. Meals will be delivered to each vehicle.
- Justin Elementary School - 425 Boss Range Rd., Justin, TX
- Curtis Elementary School - 9640 Belle Prairie Trl., Fort Worth, TX
- Love Elementary School - 16301 Elementary Dr., Justin, TX
- Sendera Ranch Elementary School - 1216 Diamondback Ln., Haslet, TX
- Chisholm Trail Middle School - 583 FM 3433 Rhome, TX
- Tidwell Middle School - 3937 Haslet-Roanoke Rd., Roanoke, TX
On Tuesday, March 31st, Governor Abbott signed a new executive order, extending the social-distancing requirement through April 30th, 2020. The full order may be found HERE.
The Texas Division of Emergency Management issued guidance related to essential business designation. TDEM refers businesses to review the advisory memorandum on identification of essential critical infrastructure workers during COVID-19 Response to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Agency. This can be viewed HERE. You must read the entire document before making a request for determination of your business from TDEM.
Per the Texas Executive Order GA-14, the following are NOT considered "essential services" and should not be open at this time.
- Cosmetology Salons
- Massage Establishements
- Tattoo Studios
- Piercing Studios
- Eating/Drinking INSIDE of Bars/Restaurants/Food Courts
- The use of drive-thru, pickup, or delivery options for food and drinks is allowed and highly encouraged throughout the limited duration of the executive order.
After reviewing the CISA guidance above, if you still have questions about whether your business can or should be open, you may request a determination from TDEM through the following website: tdem.texas.gov/essentialservices